- Highlights from the 2012 Council.
- Latest developments in WCO areas of work: compliance, facilitation, capacity building and tariff and trade affairs.
- Germany and the problem of “cheap whites”.
- UK’s strategy to tackle tobacco smuggling.
- The Chairperson of the Kimberley Process, Ambassador Gillian A. Milovanovic, sheds some light on the diamond trade and its “dark” side.
- China’s Ambassador to the EU, H.E. Wu Hailong, provides his perspective on trade facilitation, as well as China’s initiatives in this domain.
Moreover, there are other interesting articles on informal fund transfer systems, dual-use goods, and transit control. For South African readers don’t miss the article penned by our Customs Counsellor in Brussels Coffet Lebepe. His article provides an insight on South Africa’s preparations to combat illicit trade in tobacco products. Click here to download the WCO News! Source: The WCO
- Commonwealth, WCO firm up customs cooperation (ghanabusinessnews.com)
- WCO receives gift of historical significance to Customs from Egypt (mpoverello.com)