The draft text relating to the outcome on a Trade Facilitation Agreement at 9th Ministerial Conference of the WTO can be located here! It reveals some significant impact and far-reaching implications for the Customs administrations, but to a great extent it will probably be welcomed by the world’s trading community. In the South African context, readers may find Article 11 on “Freedom of Transit” extremely interesting, if not controversial by some members of the establishment. In essence it’s all about being transparent! Source: World Trade Organisation.
- South African Statement to the 9th World Trade Organisation (WTO) Ministerial Conference – Bali, Indonesia (Tralac.org)
- UNECA: Trade facilitation from an African perspective (uneca.org)
- EU pledges new financial support to help developing countries implement WTO Trade Facilitation Agreement (EU Press Releases)
- WTO agrees global trade agreement (bbc.co.uk)
- Sources: World Trade Organization chief to submit text of global trade deal to WTO membership for agreement later today – @Reuters (in.reuters.com)