The South African Revenue Service (SARS) has launched its eFiling App that will appeal to the new generation of mobile taxpayers. With the new eFiling App, taxpayers are able to complete and submit their annual Income Tax Returns quickly and easily on their iPod Touch, iPhone or iPad and receive their assessment.
According to SARS, with a new e-filing App, taxpayers would also be able to file their individual Income Tax Returns quickly and easily on their smartphones, tablets or iPads. SARS also pointed to its e-filing videos on YouTube to help people learn how to register for e-filing, submit an IRT12 and how to submit supporting documents, if required.
In its “2012 Tax Season Guide” on its website, SARSs announced several digital innovations including online access to trained agents.
“Help-You-eFile” is a new service innovation from SARS which gives you access to our friendly Contact Centre agents while you’re online. Moreover, the centre agent will be able to see exactly what you are doing and help you every step of the way. It’s like having your personal tax assistant…who works for SARS!
The tax revenue service also highlighted its new e-filing mobisite. Submitting your individual Income Tax Return (ITR12) on your cellphone via our mobisite will soon be an option for people on the go. When you go to www.sarsefiling.co.za SARS can detect your mobile phone and you will be routed to sarsefiling.mobi for assistance.
The SARS eFiling App brings simple convenient, easy and secure eFiling to the palm of your hand, anytime, anywhere. If you are registered for eFiling as an Individual you can use the SARS eFiling App to –
- View, complete and submit your annual Income Tax Return (ITR12)
- Save and edit your ITR12 locally on your device
- Use the tax calculator to get an indication of your assessment outcome
- View the status of your return once submitted
- View a summary of your Notice of Assessment (ITA34)
- Request and view your Statement of Account (ITSA)
- Global Tax Forum elects SARS Chief Legal Officer as Chair (mpoverello.com)