Over the next five years, Homeland Security Research Corporation analysts forecast a growth at a CAGR of 10% of the global X-ray screening market, led by a dramatic expansion of the Chinese civil aviation (two out of three new airport projects are in mainland China) and internal security funding. Other key markets are terror-troubled India and the replacement market of the US and Europe.
Despite years of cutting edge weapon and explosives screening technologies RDT&E, there is no competitive modality on the horizon which challenges the cost-performance of 2D X-ray screening technologies. The global X-ray security screening market (including systems sales, service, and upgrades) is forecast to grow from $1.2 billion in 2011 to $1.9 billion by 2016.
The new report is the most comprehensive review of the multibillion dollar global X-ray security screening market available today. It analyses and forecasts the market by application, by geography and by business transaction. The report, segmented into 50 submarkets, offers for each submarket 2010-2011 data and 2012-2016 forecasts and analysis. In more than 300 pages, 90 tables and 150 figures, the report analyses and projects the 2012-2016 market and technologies from several perspectives, including:
- Market forecast by application: Air cargo, Airport-cabin baggage, Secured facilities, Postal items, Supply chain cargo and People screening AIT
- National and regional markets
- X-Ray Technologies: conventional, backscatter, multi-view, coherent and dual energy x-ray
- Systems sales, post warranty service and upgrade markets
- Competitive environment: 16 leading vendors and their products
- Market analysis: e.g., market drivers & inhibitors, SWOT analysis
- Business environment: e.g., competitive analysis
- Current and pipeline technologies