- The Secretary General of the WCO shares his thoughts on global threats and the need to remain vigilant and responsive.
- Latest developments in WCO areas of work: compliance and enforcement, procedures and facilitation, capacity building and tariff and trade affairs.
- How the WCO and UNCTAD work together to foster international trade.
- Using controlled deliveries to combat wildlife crime.
- Knowledge and dialogue – the focus of the Open Day for Trade and the Knowledge Academy.
- PICARD Conference promotes research-based knowledge.
There also interesting articles from around the world –
- East and Southern Africa benefits from new MBA with Customs specialization.
- New Zealand Customs Service’s role in natural disaster relief.
- Engaging the trading community in Customs modernization: the Brazilian experience.
The WCO’s website now also features some new stuff, and in particular ‘scholars’ are encouraged to try out some of the ‘free’ e-learning courses. These are not just for the privilege of customs officers. The WCO has been working hard with trade organisations to provide ‘industry wide’ courses and programmes for the trade professional. Source: WCO
- WCO Knowledge Academy 2011 (mpoverello.wordpress.com)